Thursday, May 22, 2014

Stripes on the Beach














Outfit Details:
top: Asos
shoes: Coach



Two weeks ago Jon and I made a nice little trip to Long Beach, NY to visit my cousin and her hubby. We also made our way into the city to visit a few more of my cousins and to have some amazing pizza, since this was Jon's first time in New York. 

The Friday we were there we took a long walk on the boardwalk and took these photos. Even though the weather was a bit gloomy it was still an amazing relaxing time and i loved just being near the water. 
I was so excited to wear this crop top from Asos with this high waisted skirt because they just went so well together! A crop top for me is perfect for high waisted skirts or for wearing underneath tops because it adds the right amount of coverage without adding bulk. Because when wearing an a-line or bubble skirt no extra bulk is needed!

What are your thoughts on crop tops? 

Follow on Bloglovin

photos by Jon Zerbonia




2 comments:

  1. I have traditionally hated the crop top look because I think there are super few body types that can pull it off (mostly extremely thin, or curve-less,) and it's tended to look trashy/too youthful on people our age (at least how I've seen it worn traditionally.. with the high waisted super short-shorts.) However, I absolutely LOVE this version of it. I think it's the perfect balance, and you class it up so well! I'm going to have top copy you :) I also really like how this one is a little off the shoulder. I think it helps balance the focal point and not just be like "HEY LOOK AT MY BELLY!" it's very flattering to the shoulders also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I am so glad you like this way! I tend to link high-wasted skirts or pants and wearing a crop top eliminates the bulk of tucking in a top.
      I hope you have fun with your future flattering crop tops!

      Carolyn

      Delete